Saturday, October 6, 2018

Behind the scenes: Percy, James, and the Fruitful Day

Have you wondered how this was made? Well here's your chance to go into a behind the scenes look of how this video was made.

FILMING AND EDITING:
For filming, I used a Kodak PlaySport Waterproof Camera (which is seen in one of the production photos). For editing, I used the Online Video Converter site to download the actual TTTE episode for audio and used Movie Maker to edit the remake. For the facial expressions, I used MS paint to edit the train's faces (with custom faces and actual TTTE faces from TTTE episode screenshots).

PUPPETEERING OF TRAINS:
I used some old wire and some rubber bands to move the trains without their motors on.




SETS:
The Cranky model at the docks scene and the Tidmouth Sheds are from the Super Station set. I had to pry Cranky off the sheds to use him in the docks scene. A hammer with rubber bands tied on was used to secure him and prevent any tipovers.

I used my lamp as a backlight for the Tidmouth Sheds scenes.


EFFECTS:
Water and Grape Jelly was used as the squashed fruit that splattered all over Percy after crashing. I poked a hole in the bottle for the water to drop all over Percy. The paper towel was used to protect the floor from any jelly.


PRODUCTION PHOTOS:
Gordon emerging from a tunnel at the beginning. I used a grass mat I made last year for my proposed model railroad.
Percy meets James at the junction


Percy crashed due to switch failure
Percy covered in jelly (post filming)

No comments:

News regarding Benthetrainkid Trainz

Here's some news regarding my Trainz site, Benthetrainkid Trainz. If you're wondering what happened to Benthetrainkid Trainz, the...